Appointment reminders faq
At Lloyds Solutions, we can receive schedules of patients via Electronic Data Interchange, email or fax. We can also check them every day in your appointment scheduling software. Not only do we remind your patients of their appointments, we also make sure they understand their responsibility for any co-pays at the time of treatment. Prior to the appointment date, we will verify the patient’s insurance coverage details with their medical insurance carrier. Our services increase your medical practice efficiency and allow your staff to spend time on more productive tasks than appointment follow-ups.
We ascertain the availability of the doctor, medical assistants, nurses, and other resources of the medical office on any given day, so that scheduling functions without problems.
- Office personnel can easily find the earliest vacant scheduled time, in a day or week.
- Recurring appointments can be scheduled effortlessly.
- Patients can be reminded, in sufficient advance, of upcoming appointments.
- Appointment cancellation and rescheduling occurs without difficulty.
- Makes it possible to track referring physicians and insurance coverage.
- Fewer scheduling errors are made and no-shows are reduced.
- Affords both smaller and medium size practices a reduction in office staff hours and expense.
Insurance companies regularly make policy changes and updates in their health plans. Thus, it is imperative that providers or medical billing companies verify that the patient is covered under the new medical plan and ascertain how policy changes might affect treatment or payment.
We verify patients’ insurance coverage with primary and secondary payers by making calls to the payers and checking through their authorized online insurance portals. We also contact patients for additional information (if required), and update the medical billing system with eligibility and verification details such as member ID, group ID, coverage period, co-pay and other benefit information. If there are issues regarding a patient’s eligibility, we inform the doctor’s office promptly.
- Generates a healthy revenue cycle.
- Reduces Accounts Receivable staff hours.
- Streamlines cash collections by reducing write-offs and payment denials.
- Reduces unnecessary patient follow-ups, reminders and last minute appointment cancellations.
- Payable benefits
- Patient co-pays
- Plan deductibles
- Patient policy status
- Effective policy date
- Type of plan and coverage details
- Plan exclusions or exceptions
- Referrals & pre-authorizations
- Mailing address for filing medical insurance claims
- Lifetime medical insurance maximum, and more